Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Weedruid ~ Into the Acid Swamp

I'm really digging this album, between the growling, growling not obnoxiously distorted, guitars and the perfectly logical flight of this album you merely need to turn it on to experience a complete thought from the collective consciousness of a modern underground doom rock band.

I myself enjoy how relatable this record is in the sense that the keys and progressions make sense. The meandering tour this slab will take you on had in my opinion the perfect amount of doom, typically the tempo falls out of modern 'doom' and it becomes very boring. As I said the crafting of this album is I think more impressive than the actual material, the lack of vocals makes for a riff showcase that is more groove based, none of the deedly deedly bullshits here.

I can't say much more than brilliant execution, it has the heart of Sleep with the sensibilities of a voxless Mars Red Sky, it's heavy as shit but at some points seems as finely crafted as a crystal pot leaf statuete in Satan's curio cabinet.

Check these guys out, enjoy.




No comments:

Post a Comment